Galactic Cowboys - Long Way Back to the Moon (November 17, 2017)

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

outprogged42

Galactic Cowboys - Long Way Back to the Moon (November 17, 2017)

Postby outprogged42 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:09 pm

While I expect not too many people here know these folks, several people I know were putting in sponsorship bids to bring them to PPUSA in 2018, on the heels of their recent reformation after being split up for over a decade. Musically expect the classic King's X sound (they're also one of the three Sam Taylor Houston bands), but somewhat faster and heavier, a healthy dose of old-school Anthrax making its appearance on their classic "Space In Your Face" from the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK2fbpIOG3s

This song sounds very good so far. Stylistically middle of the road, though.

Ed.: If you need some convincing this was the first song off their first album. And it packs a couple of sonic surprises rarely found in metal or even prog. And shows that, unlike their peers, they had a talent for not taking themselves too seriously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8VlhToFok

Scott B

Re: Galactic Cowboys - Long Way Back to the Moon (November 17, 2017)

Postby Scott B » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:20 am

Very much looking forward to this. Does anyone know if it is going to be distributed, or only available directly from Mascot? Their shipping rates are stupid.

elendil

Postby elendil » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Whoa, they're back together? Awesome. Though I really don't care for anything they did after SiYF... hopefully the new album has more of their "classic" sound.

BC

Postby BC » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 am

I’m very much looking forward to this myself. They lost me after Machine Fish when they went a little too much low-key Kings-X. A return to the sound they had on the first two albums would be welcomed.

Edit: I just found out that the new album is available to pre-purchase on iTunes with the first single available now.
Is a song titled "Everybody Dies" supposed to sound so happy?
Doom, gloom, the World goes boom! None will be spared, so don't assume. Not ragged clothed nor silver spooned. You're all the same when extinction looms!

Return to “PM: Core”