Quebec City Neo-Prog band Red Sand opening for Pendragon concert in Quebec City

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

GaetanL

Quebec City Neo-Prog band Red Sand opening for Pendragon concert in Quebec City

Postby GaetanL » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:25 am

I have never heard this band called Red Sand... Please guide me in the their discography...
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Quebec City Neo-Prog band Red Sand opening for Pendragon concert in Quebec City

Postby LarryD » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am

Gaetan --

I have never heard of this band ....... they are not on the "mainstream" radar in the Neo-Prog circles, so maybe they have not caught on yet or their releases did not catch many ears. Either way - we will find out together in October .............. :)

Wasn't impressed by them at all opening for Pendragon. I think they might be the first linear prog band I've ever heard. The musicianship is ok, it's just that they lack something. The singer's theatrics are embarassing too. They need to infuse some hooks in their music and make it more lively.

So, not bad but nothing earth shattering.

GaetanL

Re: Quebec City Neo-Prog band Red Sand opening for Pendragon concert in Quebec City

Postby GaetanL » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:13 pm

This is sad Larry that you were not able to make it to the show...

I did my homework about the band Red Sand. I have just added this band to my web site.

Nothing groundbreaking but they have some interesting albums. In general, the more obvious influence is Marillion (Fish area).

I would recommend the following albums to discover in chronological order starting with the first one ("Mirror Of Insanity"). To me these 4 albums are their best and are either very good or between good and very good.
Mirror Of Insanity (2004)
Gentry (2005)
Behind The Mask (2012)
Cinéma Du Vieux Cartier (2013)

For those into movies, you may have a look at my top 50 movies list I wrote for "Cinéma Du Vieux Cartier" (2013)...
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

Return to “PM: Core”