Sharing some stuff in the player lately.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

devomeister

Sharing some stuff in the player lately.

Postby devomeister » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Just sharing some stuff in the player lately. I don’t really like writing about music, but I do enjoy sharing, so I just put little blurbs and video links. Enjoy!

Mercury X 'Between Worlds'- Second album. Reminds me of Communic.
A Journey To Eternity
Full Album

Slug Comparison 'IIa'- Mastermind behind Fen’s second solo effort. More straighforward rock with some REALLY dark lyrics. I love it.
Let some Light
Full album download

This Misery Garden 'Hyperstitious'- Reminds me of Amorphis with a dash of Breaking Benjamin
Killing My Name
Emocide

Eastern High 'Garden of Heathens'- A more energetic Katatonia?
Eyes of Heaven
Garden of Heathens

The Dystopian Project 'Paradigm EP'- Male and female singer, kind of orchestral.
Ashes of Time

Fifth Density 'Dominion of the Sun'- Reminds me of Skyharbor with some Indukti thrown in.
Full album

September Mourning 'Volume II'- Still enjoying this one a lot. Evanescence mixed with Queensryche.
Eye of the Storm
Skin and Bones

Source 'Return to Nothing'- Reminds me some of Portal ‘Blood Red Tape’. Long songs, lots of cool proggy breakdowns.
Return To Nothing

One Hundred Thousand 'The Forms in Which They Appear'- Total alt-prog type stuff that I dig (honestly, pretty light on the prog). Puts me in mind of Dead Letter Circus.
Goldenjaw
Fathoms from This Place

Ramage Inc 'Earthshaker- Devin Townsend-ish. More in the general approach than execution (unlike ‘Feel the Waves’, was practically an homage to Ocean Machine)
Guardian
Earth Shaker

*edited to add album titles
Check out my professional portfolio:
https://chris_devo.artstation.com/

Check out my art blog:
http://chrisdevosartblog.blogspot.com/

ToddS
Site Admin

Re: Sharing some stuff in the player lately.

Postby ToddS » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks for the post Devo. I will look into these as I can.
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Sharing some stuff in the player lately.

Postby LarryD » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:45 am

Devo !!!

Thanks for the great list -- I'm pretty sure you recommended September Mourning to me once before, so I checked it out again to be sure...... I found the music to be engaging and powerful but just too weird to watch ........ yeah that sounds weird, but it's a tough visual for me overall ........ I know I wouldn't be seeing them all the time while listening, but in my head I remember thinking it was just too strange for me......

I'll check out the others, but you are way more modern in taste than I am ...... and I mean that in a good way ........... :wink:

Keep em coming though ........

Return to “PM: Core”