Evership / self-titled. For fans of Mystery and beyond...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Evership / self-titled. For fans of Mystery and beyond...

Postby LarryD » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Came down to New Orleans for some R&R .... Todd graciously played a disc for me that he said I would love ..... it's called Evership. I am blown away. If you like the band Mystery, with a twist of AoR and maybe some Kansas and bits of Queen, then you are in..... Random Axe, Stevie and Sir Exar I am talking to you .........

The disc starts off great, and gets better with each song ...... the singer, believe it or not, sounds like Roger Taylor from Queen........ it's not heavy, not metal ..... but it's got some AoR that takes it into a more commercial direction which I know some of you love ....... the production is to die for, with the singer at the forefront and the instruments seperated really well, as it should be .... the disc is filled with drama, melodies, and epicness........

Find it, stream it, buy it ....... if you like the band Mystery, you will love this ..........

http://www.evership.com/

ToddS
Site Admin

Re: Evership / self-titled. For fans of Mystery and beyond...

Postby ToddS » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:26 pm

LarryD wrote:Came down to New Orleans for some R&R .... Todd graciously played a disc for me that he said I would love ..... it's called Evership. I am blown away. If you like the band Mystery, with a twist of AoR and maybe some Kansas and bits of Queen, then you are in..... Random Axe, Stevie and Sir Exar I am talking to you .........

The disc starts off great, and gets better with each song ...... the singer, believe it or not, sounds like Roger Taylor from Queen........ it's not heavy, not metal ..... but it's got some AoR that takes it into a more commercial direction which I know some of you love ....... the production is to die for, with the singer at the forefront and the instruments seperated really well, as it should be .... the disc is filled with drama, melodies, and epicness........

Find it, stream it, buy it ....... if you like the band Mystery, you will love this ..........

http://www.evership.com/

This got lost in the shuffle for me, and I sort of (re)discovered it a few weeks ago. I knew it had Larry D written all over it. The singer is really good and emotive. He would fit perfectly with Mystery.

I was going crazy trying to figure out who he sounded like. He is obviously influenced by Queen for one, and actually sounds a bit like a cross of Mercury, and Taylor. Though he never goes into full on Mercury as he does with Taylor. In fact, while spinning this, Larry and I blurted out Roger Taylor at the same time. Lol
Yep, that's it.
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Stevie, Sir Exar and Random Axe - this disc is talking to you ................ :D

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:05 pm

The 30 second clips on their web site make this a little tough to call. Definitely hear the Queen influences..... Trying to hop around a bit on YouTube where they have full songs but at 10+ minutes each it's heard to get a good read on this.

Will have to check this out more when I have some more time.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Sir Exar Kun wrote:The 30 second clips on their web site make this a little tough to call. Definitely hear the Queen influences..... Trying to hop around a bit on YouTube where they have full songs but at 10+ minutes each it's heard to get a good read on this.

Will have to check this out more when I have some more time.

*** I'm blasting this right now as I write - on my main system ....... when I first heard the whole disc at Todd's house, originally he wanted to play one song for me to see if I liked the band ..... After 2 or 3 songs, I told him to keep the whole thing going until the end ...... as I'm playing it right now, I'm playing Track 4 / Honest to Me, and you'd swear this was Mystery if you didn't know .......just a beautiful, magical, Neo-Prog ballad with gorgeous vocals..... this disc moves me. Something about this singer, who definitely channels Roger Taylor (Queen), mixed in with the fact that no one has talked about this band, playing this type of almost AoR-like Neo-Prog, is so intriguing.
It's some of the most beautiful music I've heard in these circles in a long time. If you like the band Mystery, there is no way you could not like this band ...... they run in the same circles of style and emotion .......

Go to You tube and check out some of the album videos they have there .... I did not play them, but I see quite a few...... This is just one of those discs that make you ask "how did I miss this band" .... and then when you hear it, you have that WOW factor that has been missing for some time ..... or at least for me on a regular basis...... Prospekt actually did that for me, but that's a whole different genre than this band.......

I'm playing this right now and shaking my head in disbelief at how good this one is ...... absolute first rate -- emphasis on the singer,the beauty, the drama, and the production, in that order...... pure class. I'd say this is a mix of Neo-Prog / Prog Rock / Hard rock / Mystery / Kansas / Queen / Toto - you get the idea......

Thanks to Todd for turning me on to this one .....

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:38 pm

I've had this for quite some time but never found the time to really absorb it. It's everything you described. I will take this in my car soon and just keep it on shuffle for a week or two. I know I didn't give it then time and attention it deserves. That'll change this week.

Scott B

Postby Scott B » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:19 am

This was so good I sprung for the vinyl. Looking forward to putting the new turntable through its paces!

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:57 am

Scott B wrote:This was so good I sprung for the vinyl. Looking forward to putting the new turntable through its paces!

*** Now you are talking !!!!! Way to go !!!!!! Awesome....

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Really cool to see you guys giving it a go. It got lost in the shuffle for me as well. While this is on the lighter side, it's beautiful stuff!
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

Digital Man

Postby Digital Man » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:29 pm

You had me at Mystery. I need to check this out for sure.
Güy

Return to “PM: Core”