Exit Eden (Symphonic Metal Pop Covers)

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Nos

Exit Eden (Symphonic Metal Pop Covers)

Postby Nos » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:33 am

This is the new project featuring Amanda Somerville and Clementine Delauney, along with two other ladies, doing symphonic metal covers of pop hits. You might have seen the video for their Rihanna cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED8Xezz2bhU

I just got to listen to the whole album, and it's something truly fascinating. They take known songs, and completely reinvent the instrumentals with the dramatic flair of symphonic metal. It sounds huge and epic, and it's a totally new spin on these songs. It also shows how important melody is in a song, because these are sometimes radically different takes, but they're still absolutely the same songs.

I think they made an error in which Madonna song they picked, but on the whole the album is a boatload of fun. I especially love the cover of "Total Eclipse Of The Heart". It's a song that was made for metallic drama.

Now, the question will be whether or not to count this as an album for listing purposes. Do covers count? I don't know, but I loved listening to this.

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Exit Eden (Symphonic Metal Pop Covers)

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:35 pm

I am cautiously curious about this one..... I did listen to the RIhanna cover, but I didn't know the original song. Regardless, it was pretty enjoyable.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:12 pm

In re. to that video alone --- I don't know anything about Rihanna, but those verses truly sucked .......... the choruses were much, much better....... but seeing those women altogether in the same room was even better than the music itself............ :wink:

LASERCD

Postby LASERCD » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:53 pm

I could only tolerate listening to it one time through. I was embarrassed for the four women.

Harvester

Postby Harvester » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:09 pm

LASERCD wrote:I could only tolerate listening to it one time through. I was embarrassed for the four women.

I didn't care for it either.

Nos

Postby Nos » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:24 pm

LASERCD wrote:I could only tolerate listening to it one time through. I was embarrassed for the four women.

I guess I have more of a pop heart than most of us here. Oh well. I think this is cheesy, guilty-pleasure fun.

Return to “PM: Core”