Shawn Ames - Bishops and Thieves

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

MidKnight

Shawn Ames - Bishops and Thieves

Postby MidKnight » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:27 am

I search for information on this guy ( and Lord Bane/Morpheus ) from time-to-time and I guess he finally resurfaced.

In the early 00's Shawn Ames started a new solo-project, Morpheous, and recorded what was supposed to be a new album, titled 'The Needle's Eye', that however was not released.

Newest Information:

In 2017, he formed Bishop & Thieves, in order to re-record and finally release the album.

Oh really????

I see he has started posting on YT. Just looking at some of his postings, perhaps he went the way of Roy Khan but he does have one video up discussing Lord Bane.....

Speaking of Khan....any more info regarding him leaving his church to return to the music industry?

Personally I would love to see Conception and Lord Bane at a future Prog Power :)
I never got a hotdog! (or that Mini 5 track DTM cd )

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Shawn Ames - Bishops and Thieves

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:08 am

Personally I would love to see Conception and Lord Bane at a future Prog Power

LOL..... You ARE a dreamer!!!! Let's add Sunblaze to the list too so you can see that two song EP played in its entirety live. :)
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Personally I would love to see Conception and Lord Bane at a future Prog Power

LOL..... You ARE a dreamer!!!! Let's add Sunblaze to the list too so you can see that two song EP played in its entirety live. :)

*** I'm going to have to add a +1 to this one....... That's dream land for sure.......

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:53 pm

I like the way that you both think!

+1 to Sunblaze

Can we have a re-united Altura while we are dreaming?

venidominefan

Postby venidominefan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:12 pm

MidKnight wrote:I search for information on this guy ( and Lord Bane/Morpheus ) from time-to-time and I guess he finally resurfaced.

In the early 00's Shawn Ames started a new solo-project, Morpheous, and recorded what was supposed to be a new album, titled 'The Needle's Eye', that however was not released.

Newest Information:

In 2017, he formed Bishop & Thieves, in order to re-record and finally release the album.

Oh really????

Odd recent videos but the music sounds cool. Always enjoyed his singing style.

He released a couple of tracks on Amazon recently:

Last edited by venidominefan on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is your brain on guitar... :lol:
Bandcamp >
CDBaby >
Soundcloud >

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:11 am

Yes, I had heard the music in those two videos as well and was excited.

Agreed....his singing style was excellent and his guitar playing, stellar as well.

For some reason, the style reminds me of like " Battlestar Galactica " ( original series ) Weird, I know ;) "Moriah" in particular.

Also on the "weird" front.....that drum on that cd, the snare reminds me of someone taking a paper cup from Burger King, turning it upside down and tapping it on the table LOL!

Again, excited to hear the new music. I have that Morpheus demo ( the one that was once on YT but now pulled from what I can tell ) and love the ideas going on in that cd as well.

He even has the website: https://www.whoisshawnames.com/ but from what I can tell, it is not up. There is a brief description for it: " Who is Shawn Ames? Has he returned from the dead after disappearing from Lord Bane in the mid 90's? Go behind the veil and see what mysteries surround ..."

What is funny, is just 2 days ago, there was a total different description stating something in the effect of: Going to the site, telling who he is and having a chance to see him and his new band " Bishop and Thieves " performing live and also providing concert ticket information.

Looks like the man is getting ready to market himself, his new band and their debut.

It is about darn time :P

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am

Can we have a re-united Altura while we are dreaming?

Did you see the Facebook topic where Rain said they may actually be doing just that very thing?!?
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm reading the enthusiasm in this post, and I can't help but wonder if this is just another musician from the past coming out and trying to drum up some interest of the past ? Let's face it - many have tried it, Heir Apparent, Leatherwolf, Crimson Glory, etc ......... is there really a market for this ? Let's face it - Lord Bane was one of those anomalies that only people on this board would know about .........and even then, that disc wasn't even bootleg quality .........

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate - but at this stage of the game, I wonder what would really happen if a disc was released ?

If Lethal reformed right now - would anyone go crazy over it ? Of course, a handful of us would, but in the long run ? And I'm a dinosaur - so I'm just throwing this out there for discussion ...........

Return to “PM: Core”