VHS tapes we still own and looking for an official DVD release to get rid of

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

GaetanL

VHS tapes we still own and looking for an official DVD release to get rid of

Postby GaetanL » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:10 am

I still own on VHS tape:

1) Queensrÿche - Live In Tokyo (1984)
Would have been nice if they had included a bonus DVD of this show on the CD reissue of the first EP which includes only the audio of this show as a bonus.

2) Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)
This is an integral concert. I would like an official release of this on DVD. This could be as a bonus DVD of another release.

3) Mötley Crüe ‎– Decade Of Decadence '81-'91 (1992)
I own "Greatest Video Hits" (2003) on DVD. So maybe I'm not missing a lot of things. I don't remember exactly this VHS tape.

4) Ozzy Osbourne ‎– The Ultimate Ozzy (1986)
An official DVD release exists. But only released in Japan. I'm not sure yet if I want to spend big money for this. I think this is not an integral concert and it's mixed with promo music videos :(

I don't even have a VHS player anymore...
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: VHS tapes we still own and looking for an official DVD release to get rid of

Postby LarryD » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:00 am

Excellent question and a real problem for me..... I'm not at home so I can't list the ones I have left..but I've tried to replace as many as I can... I bought a vhs \ DVD recorder so I could transfer the ones over that I know won't be released and now have them on DVD-r to preserve them.... I'd say I have about 50 to 75 vhs concerts, and have transferred maybe 30 of them so far..... Ill list the ones I wish would be released when I get home.....

Chris R

Re: VHS tapes we still own and looking for an official DVD release to get rid of

Postby Chris R » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Tbe artists formerly known as Queensryche for sure
Watched that so maybe times....I'm glad they added this as an extra to one of the remasters (think it's the EP]
So raw,young and hungry
Tarja is a female woman

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:55 am

Gaetan --

I haven't gone downstairs yet to pull out the box of VHS tapes I have of concert shows that are not on DVD yet - or will never be - so I'm answering your post in the meantime........

1) Queensrÿche - Live In Tokyo (1984)
Would have been nice if they had included a bonus DVD of this show on the CD reissue of the first EP which includes only the audio of this show as a bonus.

***Agree completely. I have the tape. I bought it for $85.00 when it was first released in Japan. I have converted it to DVD for preservation sake, but in reality there is no reason for them to release this now on DVD. As we all know, we have the audio version of it on the re-masters, and you can also hear the show on You Tube in audio form, and also see some of the older shows that have these songs on You Tube as well. If you have the tape - preserve it. I cannot imagine this show being released ever again.

2) Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)
This is an integral concert. I would like an official release of this on DVD. This could be as a bonus DVD of another release.

***Despite the fact that Stevie makes me sing along to Stryper every Prog Power, I don't listen to Stryper anymore. Yes, Michael Sweet is one of my favs of all time.....and the guy can still bring it after all of these years. But the band as a whole doesn't mean much to me, while I still look him up playing in other projects like George Lynch, Boston, etc --- listening to Stryper in this day and age is out of the question for me, unless Stevie is getting me drunk and making me proclaim that I love the band....... :shock:

3) Mötley Crüe ‎– Decade Of Decadence '81-'91 (1992)
I own "Greatest Video Hits" (2003) on DVD. So maybe I'm not missing a lot of things. I don't remember exactly this VHS tape.

***I absolutely hate this band. I hate Guns n Roses more, but I hate this band. There is no reason for this band to exist, even in the 80s. Naysayers to my comment bring it in another post ...........

4) Ozzy Osbourne ‎– The Ultimate Ozzy (1986)
An official DVD release exists. But only released in Japan. I'm not sure yet if I want to spend big money for this. I think this is not an integral concert and it's mixed with promo music videos :(

***I've got (3) Ozzy shows on VHS. The first one is the Bark at the Moon tour in 1984? with Jake E. Lee on guitar..... and it's awesome. I taped it off MTV back in the day and transferred it to DVD. The 2nd show I have is "The Ultimate Sin" tour in 1985?, again with Jake E. Lee on guitar. Not as good a show as the previous one, but still very good. The third show I have from Ozzy is the Black Sabbath show with Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) on guitar. Incredible show. I believe you can find the Brad Gillis show out there on DVD, but not the other two. I have not looked as I've transferred those to DVD, but I know you can get the Brad Gillis show because I bought it on Amazon......

I don't even have a VHS player anymore..

***I have an excellent Panasonic VCR player.......it has not been used much, but my daughter uses it when she comes home to visit every now and then..... I also have an excellent Panasonic VHS / DVD player which can record to DVD from VHS and I use that every now and then to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD .... and I've done this for others as well......

GaetanL

Postby GaetanL » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:04 pm

LarryD wrote:The third show I have from Ozzy is the Black Sabbath show with Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) on guitar. Incredible show. I believe you can find the Brad Gillis show out there on DVD, but not the other two. I have not looked as I've transferred those to DVD, but I know you can get the Brad Gillis show because I bought it on Amazon......

If you are talking about the "Speak Of The Devil" DVD, I have it. This is mostly Ozzy solo stuff, unlike the CD release of the same name which include only Black Sabbath songs. Ozzy's voice on the DVD is exactly like the voice on the studio releases. I may be wrong, but this is too good to be true and I think the voice is overdubbed, which is a complete turn off for me for a live concert on DVD.
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:58 pm

GaetanL wrote:
LarryD wrote:The third show I have from Ozzy is the Black Sabbath show with Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) on guitar. Incredible show. I believe you can find the Brad Gillis show out there on DVD, but not the other two. I have not looked as I've transferred those to DVD, but I know you can get the Brad Gillis show because I bought it on Amazon......

If you are talking about the "Speak Of The Devil" DVD, I have it. This is mostly Ozzy solo stuff, unlike the CD release of the same name which include only Black Sabbath songs. Ozzy's voice on the DVD is exactly like the voice on the studio releases. I may be wrong, but this is too good to be true and I think the voice is overdubbed, which is a complete turn off for me for a live concert on DVD.

***Yes you are right - sorry for the confusion ...... it's the Ozzy solo stuff - I was thinking of the album of the same name .......... and yes, his voice is way too good to be true, and I can't believe that it was that good without help ...........

Return to “PM: Core”