Fates Warning last night

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Testofwills

Fates Warning last night

Postby Testofwills » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:47 pm

Man ..what a night ..of all the times I seen them live this was the best I ever witnessed..The band is playing at the top of there game bar none..Enoughs been said about how good Rays been over the last few years and on the last album and live he sounded so natural..granted he may not hit those high notes on Paralels but he still does those songs justice and then some..Hes just adapted and it sounds really natural and not forced...Even hearing stuff from No Exit and Perfect S the songs still sound relevant today....The 4 new songs they did sounded really good as well with the Light of ...being a monster live....THe band sounded so tight and the band really seemed loose on stage with Joey and Bobby killing it.....Sad thing was only 100 people to witness this event..sad to think they wont be coming to Toronto any time soon after this turnout...

GaetanL

Re: Fates Warning last night

Postby GaetanL » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Lucky you are!
Only 100 persons... Sad indeed...
I saw them once in Quebec City while touring with Queensrÿche and Dream Theater in 2003.
I Think that was the first ever show for them in Quebec City.
I'm afraid that the chances are low for me to see them again in my city...
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:07 pm

Testofwills wrote:Man ..what a night ..of all the times I seen them live this was the best I ever witnessed..The band is playing at the top of there game bar none..Enoughs been said about how good Rays been over the last few years and on the last album and live he sounded so natural..granted he may not hit those high notes on Paralels but he still does those songs justice and then some..Hes just adapted and it sounds really natural and not forced...Even hearing stuff from No Exit and Perfect S the songs still sound relevant today....The 4 new songs they did sounded really good as well with the Light of ...being a monster live....THe band sounded so tight and the band really seemed loose on stage with Joey and Bobby killing it.....Sad thing was only 100 people to witness this event..sad to think they wont be coming to Toronto any time soon after this turnout...

Never saw the Alder version live... Not a great fan overall, but enjoyed some older ones and the last one quite a bit.

I don't think they must draw a lot more than 100 in most places, sadly... Hope I'm wrong though...

The Surfing Alien

Postby The Surfing Alien » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:14 am

Hmm.. round here, they finally played a bigger venue. A nice theater type vs smaller dumpy clubs they played last 2 times. Seemed pretty well attended. They sounded really good. I am glad they played a bunch of new songs. I think the last album is one of their best.

Return to “PM: Core”