IQ and Dracula...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

GaetanL

IQ and Dracula...

Postby GaetanL » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:12 pm

At the last IQ show in Quebec City, the singer told us that the song "From The Outside In" from the album "The Road Of Bones" was about vampires. I didn't know that. During this song at the concert, there was some projections on screens of a movie in black and white. My easy guess is that is was the movie Dracula (1931). I was right! I recently purchased the "Universal Classic Monsters" box set on Blu-ray. This box set includes 8 movies including Dracula. After about the first 10 minutes of the movie we hear Dracula saying "Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make." as we can also hear at the beginning of the song "From The Outside In".

By the way, I can't stop playing this IQ album...
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: IQ and Dracula...

Postby LarryD » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 am

That is all correct Gaetan...... You are too young to know, but that line is classic in just about every Dracula movie made......they try to slip it in when they can.......and as u now know, Bela Lugosi so made it famous with his character......... And like u, I have not stopped playing this disc since I got it......... Superb IQ.

outprogged42

Re: IQ and Dracula...

Postby outprogged42 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:13 pm

I was wondering what that spoken word was.

I thought the whole album followed the concept of the title song, actually.

It's an incredibly dark and disturbing album so I really don't listen to it. However, it still won my AOTY 2014 award.

Return to “PM: Core”