Pendragon drummer Scott Higham out of band .....

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Pendragon drummer Scott Higham out of band .....

Postby LarryD » Fri May 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Watching the new Pendragon DVD - the 20th anniversary show of The Masquerade Overture and I see that Scott Higham (Pure, Passion) is out of the band ........ they list Craig Blundell as the new drummer, but this guy on the DVD doesn't look like him either........ I guess Pendragon has some trouble keeping drummers ........ didn't realize this until I saw the show.

I gave up trying to find the new drummers name -- but I'm guessing it's Jan-Vincent Velazsco. He is very good by the way ............

If you are familiar with the previous Pendragon shows from Metal Mind filmed in Poland, you know what to expect from this DVD show ......it's the 20th anniversary show of The Masquerade Overture.........

outprogged42

Re: Pendragon drummer Scott Higham out of band .....

Postby outprogged42 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:52 am

Craig Blundell wasn't able to juggle Pendragon and Steven Wilson, so they recruited Jan-Vincent for a tour and then they mutually decided to keep him permanently.

Craig's drumming on the last Pendragon record was astounding. They've never been big on the drumwork but have kept it solid and tasteful. Here it was tasteful yet very flashy too. It ended up winning my best drums of 2014 award.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun May 14, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks for the heads up on this.........answered my question. I should know this stuff being that Pendragon is one of my fave, I just assumed that Scott Higham was in, fit well, and would be there for awhile........

outprogged42

Postby outprogged42 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Check out the drum part at 3:53 of Faces of Darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYUGc6Vx80s

That fill is insane. A main reason why Craig won.

Return to “PM: Core”