Vanden Plas & Pendragon DVDs at The Lasers Edge......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Vanden Plas & Pendragon DVDs at The Lasers Edge......

Postby LarryD » Wed May 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey folks ---

Just checked out stock at The Lasers Edge and the Pendragon (20th Anniversary The Masquerade Overture) and Vanden Plas (Live at Prog Power) are now in stock !!!!!

Ordered mine already ..... cannot wait for these shows. Also ordered Ayreon / The Source while I was at it .............

Music has been slow lately -- let's hope that these will generate some excitement ..............

EmptyThoughts

Re: Vanden Plas & Pendragon DVDs at The Lasers Edge......

Postby EmptyThoughts » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Huge fan of Vanden Plas and I'll be getting the DVD as well. Only complaint is why release a show that's 6 years old?? I know they've done shows this past year. Why not record/release something a bit newer like this:

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=vanden% ... works&sm=1

BTW, is there a Blu-Ray option for this??

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Vanden Plas & Pendragon DVDs at The Lasers Edge......

Postby LarryD » Wed May 10, 2017 7:04 pm

EmptyThoughts wrote:Huge fan of Vanden Plas and I'll be getting the DVD as well. Only complaint is why release a show that's 6 years old?? I know they've done shows this past year. Why not record/release something a bit newer like this:

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=vanden% ... works&sm=1

BTW, is there a Blu-Ray option for this??

**** I didn't want to throw in my usual complaint about this very subject .... but since someone else brought it up, I will gladly chime in. I feel exactly the same way as you do, asking why release that DVD now when you've played how many shows since then and recorded same ? I've been hammering this home since the day I left ProgPower that year hoping for a quick release of that show. Nope.

Of course -- we are all going to buy it cause we have no choice, but if I'm the marketing dude for that band, I'd been fired a long time ago. So many lesser bands have come along, played Prog Power, and released DVDs much sooner...... I'll never understand it.

I'm pretty sure there won't be a bluray release of the show, but to me that was given from the start. To be honest, I wonder how many fans along the way have given up on the band -- and sales of this show wouldn't be the same as if they had released it within a 2-year period. Or better yet - how about a show with the entire Chronicles 1&2 in their entirety, and then some encores to boot. I'm not sure how this band thinks, or their management thinks, but here we are with Prog Power 2017 looming with Vanden Plas playing, and they are just now releasing their show from 6 years ago ......... hmm........

That said, I ordered it as soon as I saw it on the Lasers Edge web site........rant off.

Return to “PM: Core”