new Divine Regale? yes, yes indeed....

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

T'ski

new Divine Regale? yes, yes indeed....

Postby T'ski » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Hearing Aid Man

Re: new Divine Regale? yes, yes indeed....

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:10 pm

That would be sweet! I couldn't find any info about it anywhere? I think they were on hold years ago so maybe it will finally happen?
Last edited by Hearing Aid Man on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T'ski

Postby T'ski » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:22 pm

this was attached to the teaser vid on their Facebook page...

Hey Everyone! We are still here, still working away on the new album. A while back we shot a video for one of the new songs but that project was scrapped as we ended up not having enough coverage for a whole video, but we thought how about a little teaser to hear what we've been up to? Keep in mind it's a rough mix and not completed but enough to get the idea of where we are heading.
Also, we are thinking it's time to get out of the studio for a bit and play some shows! We should have some pretty exciting details soon. Stay tuned! -DR

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Can you believe this ? Ken was telling me about it yesterday ............ and check out Dwight Hill !!!!! He sounds awesome like he did back in the day...........

I hope Chris stops by soon and gives us some good scoop on this .......... this is awesome.

And for those of who don't know --- Divine Regale is one of the reasons I started this board with Dietrick so many years ago ...... their EP "Horizons" is one of my favorite of all time, and that disc along with many others showed us that Prog Metal was alive and up and coming .......

If you don''t have "Horizons", can't find it, lost it, or whatever -- it's still out there available !!!!!!

https://www.discogs.com/Divine-Regale-H ... se/6333395

Fantastic news - and being from New England, I hope I'll get a chance to finally see them ................

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 pm

I'd never heard the EP, just Ocean Mind. I found that album just a bit bland, maybe over produced? It never made me interested in anything else they'd done.

So, should I check this out?

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:52 pm

LarryD wrote:Can you believe this ? Ken was telling me about it yesterday ............ and check out Dwight Hill !!!!! He sounds awesome like he did back in the day...........

I hope Chris stops by soon and gives us some good scoop on this .......... this is awesome.

And for those of who don't know --- Divine Regale is one of the reasons I started this board with Dietrick so many years ago ...... their EP "Horizons" is one of my favorite of all time, and that disc along with many others showed us that Prog Metal was alive and up and coming .......

If you don''t have "Horizons", can't find it, lost it, or whatever -- it's still out there available !!!!!!

https://www.discogs.com/Divine-Regale-H ... se/6333395

Fantastic news - and being from New England, I hope I'll get a chance to finally see them ................

Loved this band back in the day....remember them opening for Fates Warning on their APSOG tour....
Always wondered what happened to them as that was kinda the beginning of the classic era of underground prog....they would have been huge in our scene

Hope they can do something
Tarja is a female woman

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:54 am

This is a sweet surprise out of nowhere!

Indeed, he sounds just like he did from " back-in-the-day " and I am happy to hear that something new is coming from them.

I have to admit, I was a HUGE fan of the ep but when the full length cd came out, I did not feel it as much and I was disappointed that it did not just blow me away.

Still, that being said, I am excited to hear what they have in store for us this time around.
I never got a hotdog! (or that Mini 5 track DTM cd )

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 am

Random Axe wrote:I'd never heard the EP, just Ocean Mind. I found that album just a bit bland, maybe over produced? It never made me interested in anything else they'd done.

***Scott, the EP is totally different imo. First off, that EP was part of the prog metal movement on the Internet in which this board was created for. Back in those days, lots of bands only released EPs for one reason or another, and this is one of the greats. I can't remember exactly how we described this disc, but I do remember that Fates Warning always came up in the talks. It was a warm, melodic prog metal that was typical of that era, but they had one unique vocalist in Dwight Hill, that many did not care for. I loved his voice, and hyped that EP as much as I could. When Ocean Minds came out, I think it was more modern sounding than "Horizons", and that threw off a lot of people who were fans of the EP. I think lots of us were hoping for an extension of the EP, thinking that it was a teaser for things to come from the band......

If you go here:

https://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Mind-Divin ... B000001C9X

You can hear 2 songs (samples) that were on the EP - Horizons and Underworld, Underworld being the best song they have ever written. I'm not sure if those songs were re-worked or not for Ocean Minds.......

You can also read some reviews there that speak of Fates Warning and Queensryche in the descriptions.........

I don't expect the band at this point to go back to that particular sound for obvious reasons, but I do hope they put out some bad ass prog metal and it's great to see them back on the scene........

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:57 am

Underworld was easiily their best song

And being an active (well...way more active than today)musician back in the day I probably can speak of why bands mostly released EPs back then.
Studio time was much more expensive as you stI'll had to go to actual studios to record
Unlike today where we all have some forms of pro tools set up at home

I remember Virtual Scott Mosher turning me on to this EP.....
Tarja is a female woman

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:05 pm

LarryD wrote:
Random Axe wrote:I'd never heard the EP, just Ocean Mind. I found that album just a bit bland, maybe over produced? It never made me interested in anything else they'd done.

***Scott, the EP is totally different imo. First off, that EP was part of the prog metal movement on the Internet in which this board was created for. Back in those days, lots of bands only released EPs for one reason or another, and this is one of the greats. I can't remember exactly how we described this disc, but I do remember that Fates Warning always came up in the talks. It was a warm, melodic prog metal that was typical of that era, but they had one unique vocalist in Dwight Hill, that many did not care for. I loved his voice, and hyped that EP as much as I could. When Ocean Minds came out, I think it was more modern sounding than "Horizons", and that threw off a lot of people who were fans of the EP. I think lots of us were hoping for an extension of the EP, thinking that it was a teaser for things to come from the band......

If you go here:

https://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Mind-Divin ... B000001C9X

You can hear 2 songs (samples) that were on the EP - Horizons and Underworld, Underworld being the best song they have ever written. I'm not sure if those songs were re-worked or not for Ocean Minds.......

You can also read some reviews there that speak of Fates Warning and Queensryche in the descriptions.........

I don't expect the band at this point to go back to that particular sound for obvious reasons, but I do hope they put out some bad ass prog metal and it's great to see them back on the scene........

I'll definitely check this out. Yeah I remember that stretch of time where prog bands were hesitant to put out full releases. Most of them did end up on full albums. Larry, what was the German band around this time that released a two song EP, their name started with Sun________. I'd never gotten to hear any of that it was like two 15 minute songs if memory serves.

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:24 pm

I'll definitely check this out. Yeah I remember that stretch of time where prog bands were hesitant to put out full releases. Most of them did end up on full albums. Larry, what was the German band around this time that released a two song EP, their name started with Sun________. I'd never gotten to hear any of that it was like two 15 minute songs if memory serves.

Sunblaze - Illuminating Heights

Two songs but almost 25 minutes long.....
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Anderson

Postby Anderson » Sun May 07, 2017 10:09 pm

LarryD wrote:Can you believe this ? Ken was telling me about it yesterday ............ and check out Dwight Hill !!!!! He sounds awesome like he did back in the day...........

I hope Chris stops by soon and gives us some good scoop on this .......... this is awesome. .....

Haha, Hey Larry!

Glad to hear people are still interested in what we are up to! We've been working a new album for about 3 years now, it's taking time but we're getting close. Writing is on hold right now as we have a couple shows coming up. We're opening for Evergrey 6/3 in NH and Fates 7/1 in Boston! Should be great shows. We're really excited about the new material, I will be sure to post here as we get more info/samples to share! Hope those in the New England area and catch one of these dates!

Chris
DR
facebook.com/divineregale

Manuel Cedeno

Postby Manuel Cedeno » Wed May 17, 2017 6:55 am

Opening for Fates in Boston? I would travel to see that. I've been waiting for DR to release something new for quite some time. This band holds a special spot in my Prog upbringing. Every year or so I go back to Ocean Mind. Back in the day it took me a while to get used to the singing but once it clicked it was special.

Return to “PM: Core”