Fates Warning to release Awaken the Guardian DVD

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Esanssi

Fates Warning to release Awaken the Guardian DVD

Postby Esanssi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:57 pm

From FW's Facebook:

Legendary progressive metal act Fates Warning celebrated the 30th anniversary of their third album, Awaken the Guardian, in 2016. To celebrate this milestone, Jim Matheos (guitar) reassembled the Awaken the Guardian-era lineup for two special festival appearances last year: Keep it True XIX and Prog Power USA XVII. Fortunately for fans that were not able to attend, each show was filmed and recorded in its entirety for the upcoming DVD/Blu-ray, Awaken the Guardian Live!

For a preview of this release, a video for "Fata Morgana" from Keep it True XIX can be viewed at: metalblade.com/fateswarning - where Awaken the Guardian Live can also be pre-ordered in the following formats:
--Deluxe Edition Artbook (52 pages, 4-CD, DVD, Blu-ray - limited to 2000 copies)
--2CD + DVD Digipak
--Blu-ray (USA exclusive)
--180g black vinyl
--indigo blue vinyl (limited to 300 copies - EU exclusive)
--turquois green vinyl (limited to 200 copies - EU exclusive)
--purple vinyl (limited to 300 copies - USA exclusive)
*exclusive bundles with a shirt, plus digital options are also available!

Directed and edited by Oliver "Bomber" Barth, the Keep It True XIX footage was recorded on April 30th, 2016 in Lauda-Konigshofen, Germany; the Prog Power USA footage was recorded on September 9th, 2016 in Atlanta, GA with sound recording and video editing by Kent Smith, plus audio and video recording services provided by Lucid Lounge Studios - Atlanta. Mixed and mastered by Bill Metoyer at SkullSeven Studio in North Hollywood, CA, Awaken the Guardian Live also features art direction, design, and artwork by Ioannis (dangerousage.com), making this a must-have piece for any fan's collection. Awaken the Guardian vocalist John Arch comments about the experience: "It was truly a surreal experience being able to share the spirit of 'Awaken The Guardian' at these shows. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the fans that have given back so much over the 30 year span since the album's release. To all our family and friends, much gratitude."

Fates Warning online:
http://www.fateswarning.com
http://www.facebook.com/FatesWarning
https://twitter.com/fateswarning

Placed my order immediately. Awaken the Guardian is one of the best albums ever made and having John Arch to do it live in it's entirety is out of this world.

Almost forgot! Video of Fata Morgana can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/EqROfkaFIxM?list=PL1C63F91E3E55DBCB
The long road is a rainbow and the pot of gold lies there. So slip the chain and I'm off again ---
You'll find me everywhere. I'm a Rover.
- Jethro Tull - Rover

Digital Man

Re: Fates Warning to release Awaken the Guardian DVD

Postby Digital Man » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:06 pm

I am so all over this. Couldn't be happier that they released this. This was a once in a lifetime experience and one of my top 2 PPUSA shows ever so I can't wait to have this on BluRay. I'm thrilled that they are selling the t-shirts as well since so many people didn't get them since they sold out so quick. Then there is me that asked for the ATG shirt and didn't notice until I got back to the hotel that they had given me the Spectre shirt instead. Now I can right that wrong and get the ATG shirt as well!

Is it safe to assume that if I order this package that the BluRay will play in USA players?
http://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/item/44914

Guy
Güy

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm

A huge kudos has to go out to Glenn for so many DVDs/live recordings by some major worldwide acts being recored at his event...

This one is huge
Tarja is a female woman

Digital Man

Postby Digital Man » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Chris R wrote:A huge kudos has to go out to Glenn for so many DVDs/live recordings by some major worldwide acts being recored at his event...

This one is huge

Yes, agreed. It goes to show how important this event is that so many bands are releasing DVDs of their performance there. I wonder if that is something Glenn uses to draw the bands, the ability to record high quality audio/video of their performance?

Guy
Güy

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 am

Agree with everything you guys stated. This is awesome news! All over this!
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

Return to “PM: Core”