VANDEN PLAS to release live DVD at last! (From 2011 Progpower show)

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Manuel Cedeno

VANDEN PLAS to release live DVD at last! (From 2011 Progpower show)

Postby Manuel Cedeno » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Larry, your prayers have been answered:

Taken from the Band's Facebook page:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of VANDEN PLAS' forthcoming live CD/DVD entitled “The Seraphic Live Works” on May 12, 2017!

In their long career, Vanden Plas Official has only released one live album, "Spirit of Live," recorded in Paris at the legendary Elysée Montmartre, in 2000. With the upcoming release of "The Seraphic Live Works," the wait for another documentation of the band's immense talents asa live act is finally over!

Through many tours and countless concerts, Vanden Plas has proven again and again that it is among the world's leading progressive metal bands. The quintet's glowing reputation carries across the pond to the U.S. where Vanden Plas was invited to appear at the renowned ProgPower USA in Atlanta in 2011. Regardless of a band's fame, an invitation to this prestigious event is an honor and their performance is certainly a high note in Vanden Plas' history. And it is for exactly that reason that Vanden Plas decided to captutre that unique moment.

"The Seraphic Live Works" shows unmistakably how extraordinary this gig at Center Stage Theater was for everyone involved. A performance exploding with energy, euphoric audience, and the venue's own special flair. The recordings will captivate every viewer and there is no question that Vanden Plas made the right decision to preserve this performance for eternity.

"The Seraphic Live Works" captivates and enthralls for nine songs, beginning with straightforward opener "Postcard to God" through the atmospheric "Far Off Grace" to the brilliant closer, "Silently." In this extended live version of the song, Vanden Plas ignites a prog metal fireworks display that is unparalleled, leading the listener through more than 11 magnificent minutes to a spectacular conclusion.

Vanden Plas has fans all over the world, but for those who have not yet been able to experience the band, they wanted to give them the next best thing with "The Seraphic Live Works." The audio and video capture an authentic band that stands out in the prog metal genre.

“The Seraphic Live Works” includes:

Tracklisting (CD & DVD):
1. Postcard To God
2. Rush Of Silence
3. Holes In The Sky
4. Far Off Grace
5. Scar Of An Angel
6. Quicksilver
7. Cold Wind
8. Frequency
9. Silently

VANDEN PLAS
Stephan Lill – Guitar
Andreas Lill – Drums
Günter Werno – Keyboards
Andy Kuntz – Vocals
Torsten Reichert - Bass

Sir Exar Kun

Re: VANDEN PLAS to release live DVD at last! (From 2011 Progpower show)

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Long overdue, and cannot wait!
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm

About f$!$%:g time !!-!!!! Let's do this !!-!!!!-!!

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Nice! Sign me up.
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

Stevie WOnder

Postby Stevie WOnder » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:37 pm

I'm definitely getting this one too!!
"Manowar rules!!!" - Larry D

dwhitt

Postby dwhitt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Hey Larry...will you be watching it alone with a box of kleenex? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:32 am

dwhitt wrote:Hey Larry...will you be watching it alone with a box of kleenex? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

***As a matter of fact I will ...... but I won't be using the kleenex for the tears ............. :wink:

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:37 pm

LarryD wrote:
dwhitt wrote:Hey Larry...will you be watching it alone with a box of kleenex? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

***As a matter of fact I will ...... but I won't be using the kleenex for the tears ............. :wink:

Too much information!! :lol:

Digital Man

Postby Digital Man » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Dude, welcome back!
Güy

Kez

Postby Kez » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:53 am

Yeah, it's about time, and I'm on this one enthusiastically! :)

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Label me a complainer - but I don't think this is the greatest setlist for a band that has been around for over 22 years. While I would always want a dvd to come from a Prog Power show (let's face it - it's like re-living greatness over and over again), I think that Vanden Plas should do it up HUGE and put out a DVD with an awesome stage show / lighting etc ........if there are only 9 songs on that dvd, those aren't most of them I would pick for a first dvd ........

That said -- bring this on. I'll take it.

Kez

Postby Kez » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:17 am

LarryD wrote:Label me a complainer - but I don't think this is the greatest setlist for a band that has been around for over 22 years. While I would always want a dvd to come from a Prog Power show (let's face it - it's like re-living greatness over and over again), I think that Vanden Plas should do it up HUGE and put out a DVD with an awesome stage show / lighting etc ........if there are only 9 songs on that dvd, those aren't most of them I would pick for a first dvd ........

That said -- bring this on. I'll take it.

I can't disagree with any of this. Not even any bonus material from the acoustic show? I hope the sound and video quality are great, because this IS a disappointing setlist. But at least I was there!!!

Return to “PM: Core”