Pyramaze - Contingent (April 28, 2017)

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

outprogged42

Pyramaze - Contingent (April 28, 2017)

Postby outprogged42 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:19 pm

I have been a fanboy for many years now. I know every song and love every album. I loved their PPUSA set and the guys were wonderful to hang out with. Anything Pyramaze releases is going to make me uber-excited and be a complete blind buy.

http://bravewords.com/news/pyramaze-to- ... -streaming

According to Jonah this will be an even proggier album than Disciples of the Sun. In one of the label's press releases, they describe the album as cinematic meets prog-metal. So they're most likely pushing the power metal aspect back and going full-on melodic prog. It's even a concept album with echoes of Andromeda Unchained, and since Henrik Fevre is probably writing some lyrics (he personally said "I'm involved"), the band should be able to tell the tale magnificently well.

Going off the teaser, Contingent is going to be potential AOTY material.

Stevie WOnder

Re: Pyramaze - Contingent (April 28, 2017)

Postby Stevie WOnder » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:40 am

outprogged42 wrote:I have been a fanboy for many years now. I know every song and love every album. I loved their PPUSA set and the guys were wonderful to hang out with. Anything Pyramaze releases is going to make me uber-excited and be a complete blind buy.

http://bravewords.com/news/pyramaze-to- ... -streaming

According to Jonah this will be an even proggier album than Disciples of the Sun. In one of the label's press releases, they describe the album as cinematic meets prog-metal. So they're most likely pushing the power metal aspect back and going full-on melodic prog. It's even a concept album with echoes of Andromeda Unchained, and since Henrik Fevre is probably writing some lyrics (he personally said "I'm involved"), the band should be able to tell the tale magnificently well.

Going off the teaser, Contingent is going to be potential AOTY material.

I'm also a fanboy. I've loved every disc with Disciples and Bone Carver being my faves from them. The description is really interesting, bring it on...
"Manowar rules!!!" - Larry D

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:02 pm

As for me, I like some of the older albums, but was not a great fan overall. But Disciples Of The Sun changed it all and is their best by far IMO. Can't wait for the new one!

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:13 pm

New lyric video. Sounds excellent!
https://youtu.be/lv59CYzDduE

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Pyramaze is a band that, for me, has always been dominated by their vocalist. The first two albums were pure Lance King, then came a dose of Matt Barlow, and the last album reminded me strongly of Urban Breed era Tad Morose (a void which I LOVE seeing filled), but somehow it always feels like a different band when they change frontmen.

Every album has been solid, but the "Disciples" is probably my favorite, so very much looking forward to this one.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 pm

That opening riff is not screwing around and I love it. This is a damned good tune. I'm quite looking forward to this one.

Random thought...the vocalist, in particular on this tune, reminds me of the guy from Digital Ruin (which I don't recall previously thinking).

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:21 am

Another lyric video, for the track Kingdom Of Solace. Killer stuff, can't wait to hear the whole album!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMqEJfo ... e=youtu.be

Return to “PM: Core”