2017 - I know it's early, but.....

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

GaetanL

Re: 2017 - I know it's early, but.....

Postby GaetanL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:48 pm

The other day I was listening to Fragile Vastness - A Tribute To Life (Recommended by Scott long time ago, if I remember correctly). I think they are working on a new album to be released in 2017...
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:00 pm

GaetanL wrote:The other day I was listening to Fragile Vastness - A Tribute To Life (Recommended by Scott long time ago, if I remember correctly). I think they are working on a new album to be released in 2017...

Yes, my lone contribution to PMRising. Lol

Its actually a completely different band and style now. The singer is female and they tried some new genres but looks to stick with a more Gothic meets Evanescence style. Unless they changed again for the tenth time. I hadn't talked to Alex in a decade so I'm just going by some of what his students and fellow musicians have told me over the years.

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:13 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Speaking of Kingcrow, I cannot confirm or deny that this might be their best yet...i just have a feeling...

Now you're just talking crazy talk..... The bar is ALREADY ridiculously high for these guys.....

Trust me :wink:
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: http://manofmuchmetal.wordpress.com/

phentalmyst

Postby phentalmyst » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 am

Random Axe wrote:I'm terrible about keeping up with forthcoming albums, but after the new Need album I only have two gigantic 2017 releases I'm craving.

Iris Divine

Ascendia

There will be other awesome albums for sure but those two are personal for me and by far my most anticipated.

WOW!!! thank you so much!!! we just shot our first video over the weekend, so look for that in about a month or so. :D

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:11 am

phentalmyst wrote:
Random Axe wrote:I'm terrible about keeping up with forthcoming albums, but after the new Need album I only have two gigantic 2017 releases I'm craving.

Iris Divine

Ascendia

There will be other awesome albums for sure but those two are personal for me and by far my most anticipated.

WOW!!! thank you so much!!! we just shot our first video over the weekend, so look for that in about a month or so. :D

Wow wow wow
Can't wait
Tarja is a female woman

phentalmyst

Postby phentalmyst » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:41 am

Chris R wrote:Wow wow wow
Can't wait

thanks! it'll be released over on our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/irisdivineofficial

awesome profile pic btw. i talked to her for like 10 seconds a few years back. very sweet girl. :D

devomeister

Postby devomeister » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Mardoch wrote:Shattered Skies - Auxilium // Vol I (very good)

That Reanimation EP was SO GOOD. 'The World We Used To Know' was solid, but it felt like they polished the energy out of it by working on for so long. I hoped for a return to form, but I'm not feeling this one. I am reallly disappointed with the new singer. It seems like they picked someone who sounds like the first guy, but I don't think he sounds nearly as good and polished as the original singer. I listened through this a few times on Bandcamp and came away deflated.
Check out my professional portfolio:
https://chris_devo.artstation.com/

Check out my art blog:
http://chrisdevosartblog.blogspot.com/

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:06 pm

devomeister wrote:
Mardoch wrote:Shattered Skies - Auxilium // Vol I (very good)

That Reanimation EP was SO GOOD. 'The World We Used To Know' was solid, but it felt like they polished the energy out of it by working on for so long. I hoped for a return to form, but I'm not feeling this one. I am reallly disappointed with the new singer. It seems like they picked someone who sounds like the first guy, but I don't think he sounds nearly as good and polished as the original singer. I listened through this a few times on Bandcamp and came away deflated.

Yeah, I definitely get that. I think the new vocalist will be very good with time to develop. There are sparks of that magic in a number of places, and I don't think that they're spent by any means. They just need to re-find their groove and then it's game on.

I got the new Nociceptor and man, it blew me away. It's a far more mature disc than their first. I was expecting mostly a wave of pure brutality, but I was met with lots of melody and a ton of nuance. I'm super impressed and I imagine some of you who are into the djenty tones and can take growlies will also get something out of it.

https://nociceptor.bandcamp.com/album/penumbra-2

sez

Postby sez » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Isn't Seventh Wonder due for a release this year?

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 am

Isn't Seventh Wonder due for a release this year?

.....sigh......

I'll believe it when I see it. Cannot come soon enough, as the two tracks on the live album just served as a teaser.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Return to “PM: Core”